Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Great Savings Site and a Great Personal Finance Site

There are two really nice sites I use quite often:

1. PriceProtectr: This site has saved me tons of money by letting my know when a recently purchased item goes down in price. Most sites has a 20-30 day price protection where if they price is lowered during that time period after purchase they'll refund the difference. For example, buy a new T.V. at Amazon for two days later they lower it $100, PriceProtectr will email you and you can ask Amazon to refund you the difference (they done if 5 times for me so far). There are tons of sites that they track, but I've only tried Amazon.

2. Yodlee Money Center: I seriously don't know why more people don't know about or use this site. I'm sure most of you have tried or heard about Microsoft Money or Inuit Quicken for tracking finances...and how much they suck! Those products are expensive and do a horrible job of tracking your finances. Yodlee Money Center does most of what Money and Quicken do, but it is online and free. You can track your net worth, spending history, balances, etc. The only point is that you need to trust them to store your user names and passwords to your financial sites. However, Yodlee is used by Chase, Citi, and a bunch of other banking sites, so it probably is fairly safe. At least I hope!

No comments: